Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Mine elect"


I've been so busy updating Aubree's blog and just living life that I thought I might want to do a post once in a while on mine. I have to say Aubree's is a bit more uplifting and spiritual. I love to listen to her music and read her letters over and over.

My sweet mother had a birthday last week. She turned 82 years on Thursday, November 4th. She was born in 1928...I was just thinking she is the reason our Dad, all of her children, grand-children, and great grand-children live and breath the gospel of Jesus Christ everyday. With out her recognizing the truth so many years ago when the missionaries knocked on her door, I shutter at the thought of where my life would be today!

And for those who not only hear but those who hearken to the Lord’s voice, the Lord calls them “mine elect,” “for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts” (D&C 29:7). I believe that our ability and our willingness to hear can be increased and that our ears can be opened to hear clearly the voice of the Lord.

Thanks for listening to that voice Mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY....I love you!

No comments: