Thursday, November 6, 2008

Persecution Continues

Today there were protestors at the LA Temple from "invalidate Prop 8". We've been warned they will appear at the Newport Beach Temple as well. This reminds me of Alma 2:4 where Amlici speaks to destroy the Church of God. So I've been pretty vocal on my blog lately as to make my voice known to those who chose to listen. I usually am content to enjoy my family, friends, and life. There's nothing better then standing on a corner waving signs for Prop 8 and watching all of the Waste Management Trucks honk as they drove by with their horns in support.

"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done" (History of the Church, 4:540).


John said it best: > 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.' - John 14:27


I've had a personal request to post some of my quilts on my blog, so I share with you "Diamonds in Bloom" which I made for Brenan's Scout Auction in May. It was stolen for $500. Not literally, but my friend Mychele Barlow now owns it. Got to love it!



2 comments:

Amber said...

Yeah... thanks mom I love it. Did michelle send you this picture? Now we need all of the other ones too.

Ellie m. said...

I love your quilts, so inspiring!!